What is it that We Believe?
I.The Bible is our sole rule for Faith and Practice
II.The Bible is our only source of Truth – II Timothy 3:16
- Only the Bible is to be used to determine matters of faith and practice
- The Canon (or official inclusive list) of scripture is closed.
- There is no external progressive revelation
- We believe the proper form is immersion – Acts 8:35-39
- It is a symbol of belief and confession
- It is not essential to Salvation
- It is by Faith alone (Galatians 2:8-9)
- Through the Grace of God and by Faith is a person saved
- Works of any kind have no place in the grace of Salvation
V.Autonomy of the Local Church (Matthew 18:15-18)
- The local church is its own authority
- The Congregation is its own governing body
- Offices of the Church
- Ordinances of the Church
b.The Lord’s Supper or Communion
VI.Eternal Security of the Believer (John 17:12)
- Once the believer is truly saved, salvation cannot be lost
- True Salvation will have the “Born Again” experience
VII.Religious Freedom & Freedom of the Conscience (Romans 14:5 & 12)
- All believers must answer to God for themselves
- Christians are free to worship according to conscience and beliefs
VIII.Priesthood of the Believer (I Peter 2:5-9)
- Every believer is a priest unto God
- Every believer is under the Lordship of Jesus Christ
IX.Separation of Church & State (Matthew 25:15-22)
- The Church should not interfere with the State
- The State should not interfere with the Church
The Word of God is the sole Rule!
Bethel Baptist Church Organizational Structure
- Jesus Christ is the Head of the Church
- The Senior Pastor serves as the Under Shepherd
- The Congregation is the governing body
- The Board of Directors are the chief officers empowered by the Congregation to conduct the affairs of the Church and is comprised of Deacons and Trustees and the Senior Pastor
- The Deacons Ministry is made up of married men ordained according to scripture to carry out the mercy ministry of the church as well as assist the ministerial staff in the ordinance of baptism and communion
- The Trustees Ministry is made up of men and women who have been selected to oversee the financial and real assets of the church.
The Kingdom Council’s membership is made up of all heads of ministries (We currently have over 60) and this body coordinates the activities of the church.